DiveCaching is all about adventure and fun!
It is essentially an underwater “treasure” hunt that combines your certified scuba diving skills or snorkeling skills with some high tech equipment and simple underwater search techniques, while looking for a hidden “cache” of goodies. Tell me more!!
There are 10 simple steps to embarking on your very own DiveCaching adventure!
- First of all, make sure all your diving equipment is in good, safe, working order and that your diving skills are current.
- Visit Opencaching.com and create a free account.
- In the “Search geocaches now” box, enter the location in which you wish to find a DiveCache.
- In the search results, limit those listed to DiveCaches by selecting the tag, “Diving.”
- Choose any DiveCache by clicking on its name.
- Read the entire description and enter in coordinates into your GPS device. Make note of whether the DiveCache is a “wet” or “dry” cache.
- While above the water (perhaps by way of a boat) use your GPS to locate where the DiveCache is located in the water below you.
- Suited-up in your diving gear, jump in and navigate the rest of your way to the DiveCache using your underwater compass – or impeccable sense of direction!
- Locate the DiveCache and if it is a “wet” DiveCache, sign the log book while submerged and return it to its resting place. If it is a “dry” DiveCache, bring it up to the surface, since the log book and then return it where you found it. Be sure to take photos of you and your find!
- Once you have finished your dive and have an internet connection, log onto Opencaching.com to log your discovery and post photos online. Visit www.facebook.com/DiveCaching to upload photos for the DiveCaching community to see and share you experience or post them on Instagram and tag with #DiveCaching!
Intrigued? Read On….